Beware cost variability in Medicare Advantage products
Membership in Medicare Advantage (MA) plans has increased rapidly in recent years, and the growing mix of products now includes private fee-for-service (PFFS) plans, special needs plans (SNP), and local PPOs. Providers can no longer assume that seniors who participate in MA plans are enrolled in capitated arrangements, so they need to stay abreast of cost and utilization trends across a variety of products.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers