Beware cost variability in Medicare Advantage products
Membership in Medicare Advantage (MA) plans has increased rapidly in recent years, and the growing mix of products now includes private fee-for-service (PFFS) plans, special needs plans (SNP), and local PPOs. Providers can no longer assume that seniors who participate in MA plans are enrolled in capitated arrangements, so they need to stay abreast of cost and utilization trends across a variety of products.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data