A warm welcome on the Web
As both the capabilities of the Internet and the expectations of its users continue to grow, more hospitals are turning to virtual welcome centers-video tours of the facility-to attract more patients and set themselves apart from the rest of the field. According to Jill Fazakerly, director of marketing for Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, the virtual welcome center at Methodist University Hospital in Memphis, TN, provides a new perspective for patients. "We created it to help our patients and their families feel as comfortable and at home in our hospital as they possibly could. We wanted to give them a chance to see the hospital and experience it virtually before they ever entered the doors," she says.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream