A warm welcome on the Web
As both the capabilities of the Internet and the expectations of its users continue to grow, more hospitals are turning to virtual welcome centers-video tours of the facility-to attract more patients and set themselves apart from the rest of the field. According to Jill Fazakerly, director of marketing for Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, the virtual welcome center at Methodist University Hospital in Memphis, TN, provides a new perspective for patients. "We created it to help our patients and their families feel as comfortable and at home in our hospital as they possibly could. We wanted to give them a chance to see the hospital and experience it virtually before they ever entered the doors," she says.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts