'Just try it' approach works for Milwaukee system
There isn't much a visitor can't do on AuroraHealthCare.org. The patient portal allows users to exchange messages with their doctors, renew prescriptions, set up appointments, send an e-card, and even pay bills. Just about the only thing they can't do is have a face-to-face conversation with their doctor. Neal Linkon, manager of Web communications for the 13-hospital Aurora Health Care system in Milwaukee, discussed the award-winning Web site at "Engaging Patients Online: The payoff of just trying it," a session at the Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development's (SHSMD) annual conference and exhibit in October.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations