Healthcare consultant takes CEO position for urology practice
Jill Medzelewski, CEO of UrologyAustin, PLLC, in Texas, says she considers herself the captain of the ship. "All decisions run through me," Medzelewski says. "I meet with the office managers and talk about the projects in place and the changes that we're making." Medzelewski is essentially in charge of a practice with 15 physicians, close to 60 employees, and seven locations spanning a 30-mile stretch across the city of Austin. There are two centers in north Austin, two in south Austin, one in central Austin, and two in Round Rock.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus