Empowering physicians, changing healthcare
Colleagues of Daniel Palestrant, MD,1 say he has a desire to contribute to society in several ways. He originally wanted to practice medicine and devote his life to patient care, but after giving it much thought, he decided to change his life's path, realizing it was more important to reach the healthcare community at large and make an ongoing impact. As the CEO of Cambridge, MA-based Sermo, Inc., Palestrant developed his concept into an online community where physicians and others in clinical medicine can communicate their ideas, problems, and solutions and essentially network in the process.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL