Empowering physicians, changing healthcare
Colleagues of Daniel Palestrant, MD,1 say he has a desire to contribute to society in several ways. He originally wanted to practice medicine and devote his life to patient care, but after giving it much thought, he decided to change his life's path, realizing it was more important to reach the healthcare community at large and make an ongoing impact. As the CEO of Cambridge, MA-based Sermo, Inc., Palestrant developed his concept into an online community where physicians and others in clinical medicine can communicate their ideas, problems, and solutions and essentially network in the process.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care