Maine program examines performance-based initiatives
Integral to the search for accountability in the U.S. healthcare system are new reimbursement and benefit models that provide incentives to achieve measurable positive health outcomes. Not all of these efforts are built around capitated reimbursement, but many contain elements of risk. Given the initiative by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts to pay doctors and hospitals in its network a fixed PMPM amount with a bonus for improving care, an approach undertaken in neighboring Maine is worth a look.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013