Maine program examines performance-based initiatives
Integral to the search for accountability in the U.S. healthcare system are new reimbursement and benefit models that provide incentives to achieve measurable positive health outcomes. Not all of these efforts are built around capitated reimbursement, but many contain elements of risk. Given the initiative by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts to pay doctors and hospitals in its network a fixed PMPM amount with a bonus for improving care, an approach undertaken in neighboring Maine is worth a look.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US