Maine program examines performance-based initiatives
Integral to the search for accountability in the U.S. healthcare system are new reimbursement and benefit models that provide incentives to achieve measurable positive health outcomes. Not all of these efforts are built around capitated reimbursement, but many contain elements of risk. Given the initiative by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts to pay doctors and hospitals in its network a fixed PMPM amount with a bonus for improving care, an approach undertaken in neighboring Maine is worth a look.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings