Target front-desk staff to improve collection of patient deductibles, especially for high-deductible health plans
Although health insurance policies with deductibles aren't new, the policies are multiplying and the deductibles are growing. Consequently, providers need to minimize the risk that they'll be unable to collect a patient's deductible, either at or following the time of service. The front desk is the most important position in the collections process, says Reed Tinsley, CPA, CVA, CFP, principal at Reed Tinsley & Associates in Houston. That many practices pay their front office staff the lowest salaries and provide little or no training is "a recipe for disaster" in the face of rising patient financial responsibilities, Tinsley says.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer