Target front-desk staff to improve collection of patient deductibles, especially for high-deductible health plans
Although health insurance policies with deductibles aren't new, the policies are multiplying and the deductibles are growing. Consequently, providers need to minimize the risk that they'll be unable to collect a patient's deductible, either at or following the time of service. The front desk is the most important position in the collections process, says Reed Tinsley, CPA, CVA, CFP, principal at Reed Tinsley & Associates in Houston. That many practices pay their front office staff the lowest salaries and provide little or no training is "a recipe for disaster" in the face of rising patient financial responsibilities, Tinsley says.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care