Where did we put that wheelchair?
Asset tracking systems can help hospitals keep tabs on ever-moving inventory
by Gary Baldwin
Devices and equipment can be among the modern hospital's largest cost centers, second only to personnel. But keeping tabs on wheelchairs, monitors, and pumps is not easy. A few innovators have turned to real- or near real-time asset tracking systems to pinpoint the location of all that expensive equipment and keep better tabs on maintenance while avoiding oversupplies.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines