Where did we put that wheelchair?
Asset tracking systems can help hospitals keep tabs on ever-moving inventory
by Gary Baldwin
Devices and equipment can be among the modern hospital's largest cost centers, second only to personnel. But keeping tabs on wheelchairs, monitors, and pumps is not easy. A few innovators have turned to real- or near real-time asset tracking systems to pinpoint the location of all that expensive equipment and keep better tabs on maintenance while avoiding oversupplies.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers