Emerging market opportunity: Musculoskeletal services
Today, more than one-third (37%) of the U.S. population is aged 45 years or older. In a little more than 10 years, that percentage is projected to increase to 42% and account for more than 118 million people. By 2017, the leading edge of the baby boom will be entering their early 70s. This "never grow old, chase the dream" generation, which has reinvented every industry it has interacted with for more than 30 years, will seek healthcare services that promote good health and longevity, as well as support an active lifestyle. Chief among their needs will be musculoskeletal and orthopedic services.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream