Becoming a five-star service provider
Becoming a five-star customer service practice means focusing on patient satisfaction at both the macro and micro levels. When leaders at a healthcare organization or a medical practice say they truly embrace patient satisfaction as a cultural element, ask whether their staff has received training to sharpen its customer service and communication skills within the past year. If the answer is no, they do not take patient satisfaction seriously enough.
Customer service and communication will quickly decline if you do not pay enough attention to them. They must become woven into the very fabric of your organization. Physician practice leaders around the country agree that this is a continuing process and many say they are not where they would like to be.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings