Becoming a five-star service provider
Becoming a five-star customer service practice means focusing on patient satisfaction at both the macro and micro levels. When leaders at a healthcare organization or a medical practice say they truly embrace patient satisfaction as a cultural element, ask whether their staff has received training to sharpen its customer service and communication skills within the past year. If the answer is no, they do not take patient satisfaction seriously enough.
Customer service and communication will quickly decline if you do not pay enough attention to them. They must become woven into the very fabric of your organization. Physician practice leaders around the country agree that this is a continuing process and many say they are not where they would like to be.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic