Free clinics offer medical care to the working uninsured
Physicians provide free care for many reasons. It can be a passion for patient care, an understanding of the high cost of healthcare insurance, or a belief that it’s just the right thing to do.
For two Louisiana medical clinics, the goal is simply to see that all patients receive the same medical attention they deserve regardless of their working status, lack of healthcare insurance, or poor health history.
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- 'Leadership Gap' Threatens MU Momentum, Says AMA
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies