Free clinics offer medical care to the working uninsured
Physicians provide free care for many reasons. It can be a passion for patient care, an understanding of the high cost of healthcare insurance, or a belief that it’s just the right thing to do.
For two Louisiana medical clinics, the goal is simply to see that all patients receive the same medical attention they deserve regardless of their working status, lack of healthcare insurance, or poor health history.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors