Free clinics offer medical care to the working uninsured
Physicians provide free care for many reasons. It can be a passion for patient care, an understanding of the high cost of healthcare insurance, or a belief that it’s just the right thing to do.
For two Louisiana medical clinics, the goal is simply to see that all patients receive the same medical attention they deserve regardless of their working status, lack of healthcare insurance, or poor health history.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes