Free clinics offer medical care to the working uninsured
Physicians provide free care for many reasons. It can be a passion for patient care, an understanding of the high cost of healthcare insurance, or a belief that it’s just the right thing to do.
For two Louisiana medical clinics, the goal is simply to see that all patients receive the same medical attention they deserve regardless of their working status, lack of healthcare insurance, or poor health history.
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013