Strategies to better relax while on vacation
Paul Blair, MD, a facial plastic surgeon who owns a solo private practice in Hurricane, WV, remembers one of his patients asking him how much vacation time he usually took. He recalls thinking he and his family take less than two weeks of vacation during an entire year.
But when it comes to vacation, the quality is often more important than the quantity.
Whether you take a short weekend trip or a two-week vacation, you’re more likely to get a real break and enjoy yourself if it’s planned as far in advance as possible and done efficiently, Blair says.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- 4 Twitter Tactics for Savvy Healthcare Providers