Strategies to better relax while on vacation
Paul Blair, MD, a facial plastic surgeon who owns a solo private practice in Hurricane, WV, remembers one of his patients asking him how much vacation time he usually took. He recalls thinking he and his family take less than two weeks of vacation during an entire year.
But when it comes to vacation, the quality is often more important than the quantity.
Whether you take a short weekend trip or a two-week vacation, you’re more likely to get a real break and enjoy yourself if it’s planned as far in advance as possible and done efficiently, Blair says.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files