Prepare your practice for a visit from the RACs
As if hospitals and physician practices don't have to jump through enough government-mandated hoops, CMS is throwing yet another obstacle into their path by expanding the use of recovery audit contractors (RAC)-private firms that audit the claims of providers that participate in FFS Medicare, including hospitals, skilled nursing facilities (SNF), physicians, durable medical equipment suppliers, and labs.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts