Prepare your practice for a visit from the RACs
As if hospitals and physician practices don't have to jump through enough government-mandated hoops, CMS is throwing yet another obstacle into their path by expanding the use of recovery audit contractors (RAC)-private firms that audit the claims of providers that participate in FFS Medicare, including hospitals, skilled nursing facilities (SNF), physicians, durable medical equipment suppliers, and labs.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations