Compare your practice to these physician productivity and cost benchmarks
If your medical group practice is seeing operating costs rise faster than revenue, you’re not alone. Data from the Englewood, CO–based Medical Group Management Association’s (MGMA) Cost Survey: 2007 Reports Based on 2006 Data (Cost Survey hereafter) suggest that even efficiently managed medical groups are struggling to cope with dwindling reimbursement increases from commercial and government payers. The reports offer insights into trends in capitation revenue and operational costs both for multispecialty and single-specialty physician practices.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending