Should you outsource your practice's billing?
Learn the pros and cons of outsourcing with a billing firm
Physicians and practice managers may sometimes feel like they are running after dimes and nickels. However, those coins quickly add up, especially if you do not have an efficient billing system, which is why some medical practices decide to outsource their system.
But before you decide to hire a billing firm, consider what you could lose, because it may be more than small change.
Ankur Doshi, MD, a solo internal medicine physician at PrimeCare Medical Group in Houston, joined a group practice out of residency but, shortly after, started his own practice with his wife and business manager, Julie Doshi.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety