Should you outsource your practice's billing?
Learn the pros and cons of outsourcing with a billing firm
Physicians and practice managers may sometimes feel like they are running after dimes and nickels. However, those coins quickly add up, especially if you do not have an efficient billing system, which is why some medical practices decide to outsource their system.
But before you decide to hire a billing firm, consider what you could lose, because it may be more than small change.
Ankur Doshi, MD, a solo internal medicine physician at PrimeCare Medical Group in Houston, joined a group practice out of residency but, shortly after, started his own practice with his wife and business manager, Julie Doshi.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients