Should you outsource your practice's billing?
Learn the pros and cons of outsourcing with a billing firm
Physicians and practice managers may sometimes feel like they are running after dimes and nickels. However, those coins quickly add up, especially if you do not have an efficient billing system, which is why some medical practices decide to outsource their system.
But before you decide to hire a billing firm, consider what you could lose, because it may be more than small change.
Ankur Doshi, MD, a solo internal medicine physician at PrimeCare Medical Group in Houston, joined a group practice out of residency but, shortly after, started his own practice with his wife and business manager, Julie Doshi.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers