Should you outsource your practice's billing?
Learn the pros and cons of outsourcing with a billing firm
Physicians and practice managers may sometimes feel like they are running after dimes and nickels. However, those coins quickly add up, especially if you do not have an efficient billing system, which is why some medical practices decide to outsource their system.
But before you decide to hire a billing firm, consider what you could lose, because it may be more than small change.
Ankur Doshi, MD, a solo internal medicine physician at PrimeCare Medical Group in Houston, joined a group practice out of residency but, shortly after, started his own practice with his wife and business manager, Julie Doshi.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December