Should you outsource your practice's billing?
Learn the pros and cons of outsourcing with a billing firm
Physicians and practice managers may sometimes feel like they are running after dimes and nickels. However, those coins quickly add up, especially if you do not have an efficient billing system, which is why some medical practices decide to outsource their system.
But before you decide to hire a billing firm, consider what you could lose, because it may be more than small change.
Ankur Doshi, MD, a solo internal medicine physician at PrimeCare Medical Group in Houston, joined a group practice out of residency but, shortly after, started his own practice with his wife and business manager, Julie Doshi.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement