Take proper steps to document consultations accurately
Conduct an audit, hire a risk consultant to help identify the errors
Consultations fall in the category of a higher-paying E/M service because a consultation usually requires more of the physician’s time and involvement.
Therefore, proper documentation and coding is essential to receive deserved reimbursement. And because of the higher reimbursement associated with consultations, these visits face increased regulatory scrutiny, making accuracy all the more important.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives