Take proper steps to document consultations accurately
Conduct an audit, hire a risk consultant to help identify the errors
Consultations fall in the category of a higher-paying E/M service because a consultation usually requires more of the physician’s time and involvement.
Therefore, proper documentation and coding is essential to receive deserved reimbursement. And because of the higher reimbursement associated with consultations, these visits face increased regulatory scrutiny, making accuracy all the more important.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts