Take proper steps to document consultations accurately
Conduct an audit, hire a risk consultant to help identify the errors
Consultations fall in the category of a higher-paying E/M service because a consultation usually requires more of the physician’s time and involvement.
Therefore, proper documentation and coding is essential to receive deserved reimbursement. And because of the higher reimbursement associated with consultations, these visits face increased regulatory scrutiny, making accuracy all the more important.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- Physicians Trained in High-Cost Regions Spend More