Take proper steps to document consultations accurately
Conduct an audit, hire a risk consultant to help identify the errors
Consultations fall in the category of a higher-paying E/M service because a consultation usually requires more of the physician’s time and involvement.
Therefore, proper documentation and coding is essential to receive deserved reimbursement. And because of the higher reimbursement associated with consultations, these visits face increased regulatory scrutiny, making accuracy all the more important.
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion