Conduct an A/R analysis: Get paid the money you deserve
Identify your mistakes, maintain a process to increase cash flow
In the healthcare industry, physicians run tests and analyze results to help diagnose a patient.
An A/R analysis can work the same way by offering ways to identify and ultimately repair the billing processes in your practice.
“The fundamental problem starts with bad management,” says Chris Zaenger, practice management consultant at Z Management Group Ltd. in Barrington, IL. “Practices are disorganized. They don’t have copies of their contracts. All they know is that they’re getting paid less and they don’t have enough staff to monitor it.”
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices