How can we stop losing money to silent PPOs?
Q: When you realize that a new practice’s reimbursement is getting hit by silent PPOs, what’s the best way to determine how many patients are affected without looking at every explanation of benefits (EOB)? Our practice management system does not have the ability to track these silent PPOs. Before I came on as administrator, the physicians signed every managed care contract without fully recognizing the effect of these agreements. What steps should I follow to protect our revenue gain and to take control of this problem?
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers