How can we stop losing money to silent PPOs?
Q: When you realize that a new practice’s reimbursement is getting hit by silent PPOs, what’s the best way to determine how many patients are affected without looking at every explanation of benefits (EOB)? Our practice management system does not have the ability to track these silent PPOs. Before I came on as administrator, the physicians signed every managed care contract without fully recognizing the effect of these agreements. What steps should I follow to protect our revenue gain and to take control of this problem?
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Building a Better Healthcare Board