How can we stop losing money to silent PPOs?
Q: When you realize that a new practice’s reimbursement is getting hit by silent PPOs, what’s the best way to determine how many patients are affected without looking at every explanation of benefits (EOB)? Our practice management system does not have the ability to track these silent PPOs. Before I came on as administrator, the physicians signed every managed care contract without fully recognizing the effect of these agreements. What steps should I follow to protect our revenue gain and to take control of this problem?
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers