How can we stop losing money to silent PPOs?
Q: When you realize that a new practice’s reimbursement is getting hit by silent PPOs, what’s the best way to determine how many patients are affected without looking at every explanation of benefits (EOB)? Our practice management system does not have the ability to track these silent PPOs. Before I came on as administrator, the physicians signed every managed care contract without fully recognizing the effect of these agreements. What steps should I follow to protect our revenue gain and to take control of this problem?
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- The Hospital of the Future is Not a Hospital
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case