OB/GYNs struggle with malpractice insurance costs
Most of the challenges facilities face in recruiting and compensating OB/GYN physicians can be traced back to a single problem: medical liability insurance. This is one of the most substantial operating costs for OB/GYNs, who pay some of the highest rates of any specialty.
Premiums for an OB/GYN vary greatly depending upon location, ranging from a little more than $20,000 in Min-nesota to more than $275,000 in Dade County, FL, according to the Medical Liability Monitor 2007 Rate Survey.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers