Measurement key to pay-for-performance success
Initial pay-for-performance (P4P) programs attempted to answer big-picture questions about whether properly structured financial incentives could change physician behavior and improve the quality of care. P4P has been around long enough now for the healthcare industry to observe marked improvements in performance measures, particularly in primary care.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013