High employee morale leads to high patient satisfaction
For the past three years, Southwestern Vermont Medical Center (SVMC), a 99-bed facility in Bennington, has ranked in the 95th percentile for patient satisfaction in its emergency department (ED) and inpatient services.
Staff members at SVMC attribute the hospital’s success to good communication skills and high employee morale.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations