High employee morale leads to high patient satisfaction
For the past three years, Southwestern Vermont Medical Center (SVMC), a 99-bed facility in Bennington, has ranked in the 95th percentile for patient satisfaction in its emergency department (ED) and inpatient services.
Staff members at SVMC attribute the hospital’s success to good communication skills and high employee morale.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending