Consumerism, your call center, and the new consumer
Editor’s note: The following is a book excerpt from Turn Calls into Customers: Maximize Customer Experience with Your Call Center, written by Judith A. Brown and published this month by HealthLeaders Media.
To purchase the book, visit www.healthleadersmedia.com/books.
It is nearly impossible today to pick up a healthcare publication—or even a newspaper or weekly news magazine—and not see articles about the movement toward consumerism in healthcare. There are public and private initiatives underway to expand this movement further, forcing it into the national spotlight.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives