Consumerism, your call center, and the new consumer
Editor’s note: The following is a book excerpt from Turn Calls into Customers: Maximize Customer Experience with Your Call Center, written by Judith A. Brown and published this month by HealthLeaders Media.
To purchase the book, visit www.healthleadersmedia.com/books.
It is nearly impossible today to pick up a healthcare publication—or even a newspaper or weekly news magazine—and not see articles about the movement toward consumerism in healthcare. There are public and private initiatives underway to expand this movement further, forcing it into the national spotlight.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- Why single payer died in VT