Consumerism, your call center, and the new consumer
Editor’s note: The following is a book excerpt from Turn Calls into Customers: Maximize Customer Experience with Your Call Center, written by Judith A. Brown and published this month by HealthLeaders Media.
To purchase the book, visit www.healthleadersmedia.com/books.
It is nearly impossible today to pick up a healthcare publication—or even a newspaper or weekly news magazine—and not see articles about the movement toward consumerism in healthcare. There are public and private initiatives underway to expand this movement further, forcing it into the national spotlight.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement