Consumerism, your call center, and the new consumer
Editor’s note: The following is a book excerpt from Turn Calls into Customers: Maximize Customer Experience with Your Call Center, written by Judith A. Brown and published this month by HealthLeaders Media.
To purchase the book, visit www.healthleadersmedia.com/books.
It is nearly impossible today to pick up a healthcare publication—or even a newspaper or weekly news magazine—and not see articles about the movement toward consumerism in healthcare. There are public and private initiatives underway to expand this movement further, forcing it into the national spotlight.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay