Use predictive modeling to improve case management
Once the exclusive purview of health plans, predictive modeling has made significant strides in bridging the gap among healthcare constituents. Today, predictive modeling can be used by capitated provider organizations not only to analyze costs and PMPM rates, but also to increase the efficiency of care management.
One pernicious problem that drives healthcare costs is the inadequacy of historical data, such as prior cost or inpatient utilization, to accurately forecast members at high risk of future hospitalization.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%