Use predictive modeling to improve case management
Once the exclusive purview of health plans, predictive modeling has made significant strides in bridging the gap among healthcare constituents. Today, predictive modeling can be used by capitated provider organizations not only to analyze costs and PMPM rates, but also to increase the efficiency of care management.
One pernicious problem that drives healthcare costs is the inadequacy of historical data, such as prior cost or inpatient utilization, to accurately forecast members at high risk of future hospitalization.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians