Use predictive modeling to improve case management
Once the exclusive purview of health plans, predictive modeling has made significant strides in bridging the gap among healthcare constituents. Today, predictive modeling can be used by capitated provider organizations not only to analyze costs and PMPM rates, but also to increase the efficiency of care management.
One pernicious problem that drives healthcare costs is the inadequacy of historical data, such as prior cost or inpatient utilization, to accurately forecast members at high risk of future hospitalization.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'