Use predictive modeling to improve case management
Once the exclusive purview of health plans, predictive modeling has made significant strides in bridging the gap among healthcare constituents. Today, predictive modeling can be used by capitated provider organizations not only to analyze costs and PMPM rates, but also to increase the efficiency of care management.
One pernicious problem that drives healthcare costs is the inadequacy of historical data, such as prior cost or inpatient utilization, to accurately forecast members at high risk of future hospitalization.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers