Five steps to capture more self-pay revenue in your practice
As an increasing share of healthcare costs has been shifted by employers to their employees, copays and deductibles have gone up substantially. This increase has left providers with a significant amount of outstanding self-pay revenue to collect.
In a recent interview, Jay Gonsalves, president and owner of the Action Collection Agency of Boston, offered his outlook on this topic.
“I believe that health reform will create higher copays and deductibles for consumers to be responsible to have to pay, not unlike the direction managed care has been heading in the past years.”
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Why single payer died in VT