Focus group veterans share their secrets
Of all the tools in a healthcare marketer’s toolkit, the focus group is one of the most valuable. However, just as a carpenter shouldn’t operate a table saw without proper training, a physician practice shouldn’t conduct a focus group without the right knowledge.
The foremost mistake medical groups make with this exercise is trying to accomplish too much in what should be a narrowly focused session, says Kenneth T. Hertz, CMPE, a senior consultant and principal at the Medical Group Management Association.
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- 6 Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- Aligning Executive Compensation with Provider Mission
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting