Team building retreats: A time for renewal, reflection
The thought of holding a team building retreat might sound like a frivolous bonding experience to some busy physicians. But in the ever-changing and highly innovative healthcare industry, retreats can be a critical component in helping maintain your practice’s focus on quality care and productivity.
“The challenge for physicians is that they have to care for their patients, but they also have to manage their practice,” says Randy Bauman, president of Delta Healthcare in Brentwood, TN. “They have to realize that not only are they in charge as a doctor, but they are responsible as a leader and a manager. They need to step back and look at their business with a strategic perspective.”
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US