Team building retreats: A time for renewal, reflection
The thought of holding a team building retreat might sound like a frivolous bonding experience to some busy physicians. But in the ever-changing and highly innovative healthcare industry, retreats can be a critical component in helping maintain your practice’s focus on quality care and productivity.
“The challenge for physicians is that they have to care for their patients, but they also have to manage their practice,” says Randy Bauman, president of Delta Healthcare in Brentwood, TN. “They have to realize that not only are they in charge as a doctor, but they are responsible as a leader and a manager. They need to step back and look at their business with a strategic perspective.”
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'