Merge recruitment, retention efforts to keep top physicians
Many of the same market forces that have made recruitment more difficult and a higher priority recently, such as physician shortages, demographic changes, and generational attitude differences, have also increased several facilities’ focus on physician retention. In fact, recruitment and retention are inextricably tied together.
The following five action points will help practice leaders improve physician retention.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion