Merge recruitment, retention efforts to keep top physicians
Many of the same market forces that have made recruitment more difficult and a higher priority recently, such as physician shortages, demographic changes, and generational attitude differences, have also increased several facilities’ focus on physician retention. In fact, recruitment and retention are inextricably tied together.
The following five action points will help practice leaders improve physician retention.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices