Weigh the balance between healthcare quality and costs
There’s no dearth of data when capitated providers look for information about healthcare costs. Trends in U.S. healthcare expenses are widely documented by federal agencies, academic researchers, and policy wonks. Less readily available are data on healthcare quality, especially in relationship to costs, but an annual report from the Rockville, MD–based Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) helps to fill that gap. And it’s free.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream