SNP Medicare expansion continues
Special needs plans (SNP)—including chronic condition SNPs (C-SNP)—continue their rise in the Medicare market this year, with a growth rate of 60% and the advent of the United States’ first such plan developed specifically for beneficiaries with Alzheimer’s disease.
In late December 2007, CMS announced that it is working with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) on quality measures for Medicare SNPs, scheduled to be re-leased March 15.
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion