Three big insurers enter individual market
Three major dental insurers have announced offerings of individual coverage this summer, part of what industry observers say is an accommodation toward changing work force demographics and a need to boost enrollment numbers in a soft economy.
Hartford, CT–based Aetna led off the round of announcements, all of which came within weeks of one another in June and early July. Aetna’s products, Aetna Individual Advantage and Individual Advantage Plus, are PPOs being offered in Arizona, Illinois, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. Plans are in the works to expand the offerings to other states in the near future.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says