Three big insurers enter individual market
Three major dental insurers have announced offerings of individual coverage this summer, part of what industry observers say is an accommodation toward changing work force demographics and a need to boost enrollment numbers in a soft economy.
Hartford, CT–based Aetna led off the round of announcements, all of which came within weeks of one another in June and early July. Aetna’s products, Aetna Individual Advantage and Individual Advantage Plus, are PPOs being offered in Arizona, Illinois, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. Plans are in the works to expand the offerings to other states in the near future.
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- How Physicians Can Help Ease Mental Health Provider Shortages
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Physicians as Economic Powerhouses and Tech Laggards