Three big insurers enter individual market
Three major dental insurers have announced offerings of individual coverage this summer, part of what industry observers say is an accommodation toward changing work force demographics and a need to boost enrollment numbers in a soft economy.
Hartford, CT–based Aetna led off the round of announcements, all of which came within weeks of one another in June and early July. Aetna’s products, Aetna Individual Advantage and Individual Advantage Plus, are PPOs being offered in Arizona, Illinois, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. Plans are in the works to expand the offerings to other states in the near future.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence