Three big insurers enter individual market
Three major dental insurers have announced offerings of individual coverage this summer, part of what industry observers say is an accommodation toward changing work force demographics and a need to boost enrollment numbers in a soft economy.
Hartford, CT–based Aetna led off the round of announcements, all of which came within weeks of one another in June and early July. Aetna’s products, Aetna Individual Advantage and Individual Advantage Plus, are PPOs being offered in Arizona, Illinois, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. Plans are in the works to expand the offerings to other states in the near future.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013