Three big insurers enter individual market
Three major dental insurers have announced offerings of individual coverage this summer, part of what industry observers say is an accommodation toward changing work force demographics and a need to boost enrollment numbers in a soft economy.
Hartford, CT–based Aetna led off the round of announcements, all of which came within weeks of one another in June and early July. Aetna’s products, Aetna Individual Advantage and Individual Advantage Plus, are PPOs being offered in Arizona, Illinois, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. Plans are in the works to expand the offerings to other states in the near future.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement