Watch your contracts in the wake of 'final' Stark rules
Nearly one year has passed since the final phase of the Stark II law became effective, yet practice administrators, healthcare attorneys, and consultants are still mulling the implications. (For background on the law, which addresses financial relationships between physicians and the hospitals to which they refer Medicare patients, and to view FAQs, visit www.cms.hhs.gov/PhysicianSelfReferral.)
CMS did not create new exceptions in the final rule but did make certain refinements that could permit or, in some cases, require restructuring of some existing arrangements.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?