Online wait times give patients a say in their care
Patients don’t like to wait for care, but a study released in June by survey experts Press Ganey says hospitals that keep their patients informed and updated about wait times in the emergency department (ED) have better patient satisfaction scores.
This was hardly news for those at Mountain States Health Alliance (MSHA), a 14-hospital system based in Johnson City, TN. MSHA has posted its ED wait times online for more than four years, and patients have enjoyed the option of selecting the MSHA ED with the shortest wait time to meet their healthcare needs.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse