Prepare for contracting challenges during mergers, consolidations
Increasingly, hospitals are purchasing physician practices and building physician networks. The integration process poses numerous challenges for managed care contracting, including the recontracting of all payer contracts, physician credentialing, and changes in physician compensation packages.
“Physician integration has come back with a vengeance, but hospitals are taking a much more calculated approach in stepping back into this arena,” says Anthony G. Mina, MBA, CMPE, executive vice president and chief operating officer at Transylvania Physician Services, Inc., a physician network affiliated with Transylvania Community Hospital in Brevard, NC.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013