Prepare for contracting challenges during mergers, consolidations
Increasingly, hospitals are purchasing physician practices and building physician networks. The integration process poses numerous challenges for managed care contracting, including the recontracting of all payer contracts, physician credentialing, and changes in physician compensation packages.
“Physician integration has come back with a vengeance, but hospitals are taking a much more calculated approach in stepping back into this arena,” says Anthony G. Mina, MBA, CMPE, executive vice president and chief operating officer at Transylvania Physician Services, Inc., a physician network affiliated with Transylvania Community Hospital in Brevard, NC.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings
- Ebola: A Call for Designated Hospitals