Prepare for contracting challenges during mergers, consolidations
Increasingly, hospitals are purchasing physician practices and building physician networks. The integration process poses numerous challenges for managed care contracting, including the recontracting of all payer contracts, physician credentialing, and changes in physician compensation packages.
“Physician integration has come back with a vengeance, but hospitals are taking a much more calculated approach in stepping back into this arena,” says Anthony G. Mina, MBA, CMPE, executive vice president and chief operating officer at Transylvania Physician Services, Inc., a physician network affiliated with Transylvania Community Hospital in Brevard, NC.
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- 76% of Physicians Don't Like CMS Quality Reporting Programs
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- Aetna Cuts 4 New Accountable Care Deals