Thirteen common HR mistakes and how to fix them
Personnel issues can be one of the most difficult aspects of practice management. And according to the experts PPS consulted, there are several common mistakes that that can make HR even more challenging. They identified 13 common problems and offered insight on how to avoid or remedy them.
1. Hiring for experience, not fit. Practices often hire individuals who are a bad fit in terms of personality and temperament, and it most frequently happens in the front office, says Elizabeth W. Woodcock, MBA, FACMPE, CPC, principal of Woodcock & Associates in Atlanta.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'