Be careful not to neglect your 'regulars'
With all the attention given to growth strategy, your organization needs to be careful not to neglect the physicians who can regularly be counted on to use your facility. The old adage of filling a funnel when business is running out the other end comes to mind, so it’s essential that a personalized, well-thought-out approach is in place to make certain that your organization can grow business and maintain existing referrals.
This is not to say that one person necessarily does both, or that the method is the same. As with most of our relationship building, the approach needs to be customized to your medical staff and your environment, but here are some ideas to get you started.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside