Be careful not to neglect your 'regulars'
With all the attention given to growth strategy, your organization needs to be careful not to neglect the physicians who can regularly be counted on to use your facility. The old adage of filling a funnel when business is running out the other end comes to mind, so it’s essential that a personalized, well-thought-out approach is in place to make certain that your organization can grow business and maintain existing referrals.
This is not to say that one person necessarily does both, or that the method is the same. As with most of our relationship building, the approach needs to be customized to your medical staff and your environment, but here are some ideas to get you started.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says