Oral care at a distance
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles and Tulare County are physically far apart: The former is near the heart of Hollywood, the latter a collection of hardscrabble farming towns 170 miles to the north.
Yet a teledentistry program is allowing practitioners at the hospital to keep tabs on the oral health of students attending the Woodlake, Lindsay, and Cutler-Orosi school districts in Tulare County.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts