Oral care at a distance
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles and Tulare County are physically far apart: The former is near the heart of Hollywood, the latter a collection of hardscrabble farming towns 170 miles to the north.
Yet a teledentistry program is allowing practitioners at the hospital to keep tabs on the oral health of students attending the Woodlake, Lindsay, and Cutler-Orosi school districts in Tulare County.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance