Oral care at a distance
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles and Tulare County are physically far apart: The former is near the heart of Hollywood, the latter a collection of hardscrabble farming towns 170 miles to the north.
Yet a teledentistry program is allowing practitioners at the hospital to keep tabs on the oral health of students attending the Woodlake, Lindsay, and Cutler-Orosi school districts in Tulare County.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations