IPPS, fee schedule contain new Stark changes
CMS issued a slew of changes to the Stark self-referral law in 2007—including the much anticipated Phase III and proposals in the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule—leading some in the physician compensation and recruitment industry to declare 2007 the “year of Stark.”
But those hoping for a break from Stark regulations this year are out of luck. CMS has released several proposals and final rules in this year’s physician fee schedule, as well as in the 2009 final inpatient prospective payment system (IPPS) rule.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'