IPPS, fee schedule contain new Stark changes
CMS issued a slew of changes to the Stark self-referral law in 2007—including the much anticipated Phase III and proposals in the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule—leading some in the physician compensation and recruitment industry to declare 2007 the “year of Stark.”
But those hoping for a break from Stark regulations this year are out of luck. CMS has released several proposals and final rules in this year’s physician fee schedule, as well as in the 2009 final inpatient prospective payment system (IPPS) rule.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer