Do the math before taking capitation risk for vaccines
Pediatricians have long wrestled with the challenge of deciding whether to accept risk for vaccines in their capitation contracts and, if so, how to structure the cost in their PMPM rates. With increased utilization and newer vaccines for the pediatric population, more PCPs now face this decision, and the choices aren’t pretty.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs