Do the math before taking capitation risk for vaccines
Pediatricians have long wrestled with the challenge of deciding whether to accept risk for vaccines in their capitation contracts and, if so, how to structure the cost in their PMPM rates. With increased utilization and newer vaccines for the pediatric population, more PCPs now face this decision, and the choices aren’t pretty.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law