Sharing insurance cards poses serious healthcare risks
Although some might think they’re helping an uninsured friend or family member by sharing their health insurance card, this practice essentially amounts to identity fraud with permission. It can ultimately have a negative effect, as it compromises the accuracy of the insured patient’s medical records and poses serious health risks for those involved.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US