PHO, hospital track key indicators to attract P4P in cap contracts
As the rush by payers to reimburse providers based on performance turns into a stampede, it’s essential for physician groups and hospitals to band together in their approaches to quality initiatives, evidence-based medicine (EBM), pay for performance (P4P), and transparency.
Such is the assessment of James Watson, principal at Professional Business Consultants in Oak Brook, IL, and Elizabeth M. Simpkin, president and founder of The Lo-well Group, Inc., in Chicago, who discussed quality improvement (QI) and P4P at the Healthcare Financial Management Association’s June 2007 Annual National Institute, held in San Diego.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care