TV spots document the hospital experience
by Maureen O. Larkin
In one episode, a man is reunited with and marries his high school sweetheart, only to have a heart attack on his wedding night. He is rushed to the hospital and immediately given the care he needs to live a long life with his new wife. In another, a daughter decides to donate one of her kidneys to save her father’s life. In yet another, a 12-year-old girl undergoes surgery to correct the bowing in her legs from familial rickets.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law