A shocking stroke of stunts
by Marianne Aiello
Eighty plastic mannequins laid in a tangled pile in a San Antonio restaurant one evening in August. The same week, at other locations across the city, seemingly healthy people lost movement on their left side, slurred their speech, and were helped by their companions. At each event, street teams passed out cards that read “Stroke Happens” and detailed the warning signs of stroke.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts