Hospitals turn to employment model as on-call solution
In the October PCR, we looked at findings from the 2008 Physician On-call Pay Survey Report, the fourth annual survey of physician on-call pay rates and practices from Detroit-based Sullivan, Cotter and Associates. The article’s focus was on unemployed physicians. This month, we lookat some of the trends relative to employed physicians.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts