Best practices for putting yourself out there
Before Carla Hannibal, CMM, CPM, CIMBS, became the director of a utilization review company, its administrators decided to hire office workers with no medical experience. The problem: The new hires didn’t know which procedures matched with which particular specialties. The result: One worker sent a mastectomy case to be reviewed by an orthopedic surgeon. Ultimately, all job listings required applicants to have at least some medical experience.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US