Best practices for putting yourself out there
Before Carla Hannibal, CMM, CPM, CIMBS, became the director of a utilization review company, its administrators decided to hire office workers with no medical experience. The problem: The new hires didn’t know which procedures matched with which particular specialties. The result: One worker sent a mastectomy case to be reviewed by an orthopedic surgeon. Ultimately, all job listings required applicants to have at least some medical experience.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts