Best practices for putting yourself out there
Before Carla Hannibal, CMM, CPM, CIMBS, became the director of a utilization review company, its administrators decided to hire office workers with no medical experience. The problem: The new hires didn’t know which procedures matched with which particular specialties. The result: One worker sent a mastectomy case to be reviewed by an orthopedic surgeon. Ultimately, all job listings required applicants to have at least some medical experience.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says