Best practices for putting yourself out there
Before Carla Hannibal, CMM, CPM, CIMBS, became the director of a utilization review company, its administrators decided to hire office workers with no medical experience. The problem: The new hires didn’t know which procedures matched with which particular specialties. The result: One worker sent a mastectomy case to be reviewed by an orthopedic surgeon. Ultimately, all job listings required applicants to have at least some medical experience.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- Ebola: A Call for Designated Hospitals