Ensure that contracts cover real-time claims adjudication
Many payers are jumping on the bandwagon to develop real-time claims adjudication (RTCA), which gives providers the information they need to collect the patient’s portion of their financial responsibility at the point of care. That’s a boon for providers, especially when patients are enrolled in high-deductible health plans (HDHP).
The problem is that most managed care contracts don’t even mention RTCA, which could prevent provider organizations from enforcing its use.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses