Exude confidence to attain likeability and respect
For many practice managers, attaining likeability alongside respect is a struggle, says Diane Brennan, MBA, CMPE, ACC, leadership coach and consultant at Brennan Associates in Tucson, AZ.
And too often, managers and administrators are so concerned with being liked by their employees that they hesitate to make decisions to avoid any conflict.
“You can’t do that. You need to step into the manager role confidently,” Brennan says.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings