Exude confidence to attain likeability and respect
For many practice managers, attaining likeability alongside respect is a struggle, says Diane Brennan, MBA, CMPE, ACC, leadership coach and consultant at Brennan Associates in Tucson, AZ.
And too often, managers and administrators are so concerned with being liked by their employees that they hesitate to make decisions to avoid any conflict.
“You can’t do that. You need to step into the manager role confidently,” Brennan says.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality