Exude confidence to attain likeability and respect
For many practice managers, attaining likeability alongside respect is a struggle, says Diane Brennan, MBA, CMPE, ACC, leadership coach and consultant at Brennan Associates in Tucson, AZ.
And too often, managers and administrators are so concerned with being liked by their employees that they hesitate to make decisions to avoid any conflict.
“You can’t do that. You need to step into the manager role confidently,” Brennan says.
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Proton Beam Therapy Center Closure Illuminates Costs
- How the slowdown in Medicare spending is affecting hospitals
- More New Orleans-area doctors indicted by feds in $50 million Medicare fraud case