Exude confidence to attain likeability and respect
For many practice managers, attaining likeability alongside respect is a struggle, says Diane Brennan, MBA, CMPE, ACC, leadership coach and consultant at Brennan Associates in Tucson, AZ.
And too often, managers and administrators are so concerned with being liked by their employees that they hesitate to make decisions to avoid any conflict.
“You can’t do that. You need to step into the manager role confidently,” Brennan says.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- 'Country Doctor of the Year' Embraces Challenges of Rural Medicine
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training