Exude confidence to attain likeability and respect
For many practice managers, attaining likeability alongside respect is a struggle, says Diane Brennan, MBA, CMPE, ACC, leadership coach and consultant at Brennan Associates in Tucson, AZ.
And too often, managers and administrators are so concerned with being liked by their employees that they hesitate to make decisions to avoid any conflict.
“You can’t do that. You need to step into the manager role confidently,” Brennan says.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Telemedicine is Retail Health Clinics' Newest Tool