Focus on phones to improve service and efficiency
by Debra Beaulieu, for HealthLeaders Media
It’s a typical afternoon at ABC Multispecialty, and 15 people trying to call into the practice are on hold. Meanwhile, one front desk employee is filing, another is putting away supplies, and the only one actually working the phones is also checking patients in and out and trying to schedule referrals.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening