Gain intelligence before, during joint ventures
by Kriss Barlow, RN, MBA
A marvelous thing is happening as organizations nationwide embrace a physician relations model and efforts are in place to work with physicians to earn referrals. Although our attention is often on direct referral opportunities using face-to-face connections, the relationship strategy can be an asset in supporting other approaches to working with physicians. If harnessed, relationships can add value, open doors, assist in rollout, and provide service recovery, if needed. A great example of this is evidenced in hospital-physician partnerships and joint venture (JV) arrangements.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus