Gain intelligence before, during joint ventures
by Kriss Barlow, RN, MBA
A marvelous thing is happening as organizations nationwide embrace a physician relations model and efforts are in place to work with physicians to earn referrals. Although our attention is often on direct referral opportunities using face-to-face connections, the relationship strategy can be an asset in supporting other approaches to working with physicians. If harnessed, relationships can add value, open doors, assist in rollout, and provide service recovery, if needed. A great example of this is evidenced in hospital-physician partnerships and joint venture (JV) arrangements.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening