Low reimbursement depresses compensation
Nevertheless, pediatricians have high job satisfaction—at least for now
With their reimbursement rates often driven by Medicaid, pediatricians are among the lowest paid of all physicians. And although career satisfaction remains high, continued financial pressures may lead to a pediatrician shortage, especially outside of large metropolitan areas.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'