Can the medical home save primary care?
by Phillip Miller
Primary care is in trouble, and there may be no way to save it. That was the conclusion of a 2004 report conducted by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), which projected that family medicine would not exist in the United States in 20 years unless major changes are made to delivery models and compensation.
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- When a hospital closes
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- US health system among least efficient before Obamacare